Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Ahhhhh...Spring!



Wisteria
These beautiful spring blooms are absolutely my favorite part of the  season. This wisteria covers a large part of the garage wall of my house. It's much nicer to see when I drive up than miles of vinyl siding.



Garden Path in Progress

And there is, of course, the work portion of our programming.  I'm putting rocks around my patio because they're so much more interesting than more cement would be and my patio is postage stamp size. The vegetable garden is in progress too - more photos soon. This year I think I have a good method for keeping the robins and turtledoves from munching my veggie sprouts. I'll keep you posted.
Blessings, Linda

8 comments:

  1. Hello Linda,
    Your pictures are lovely.
    I love wisterias.... they look so graceful in their glorious color.
    I really like the idea of putting rocks around the patio. It has a welcoming cottage look.
    Wishing you a blessed day.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wisteria is just lovely! Your rock patio is coming along nicely, too. Our snow is almost gone, so I'm hoping that green grass and perennials start to grow very, very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wisteria is beautiful. I would love to come home to that view too. I hope the blooms last a long time for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your wisteria and rock border, Linda. Can wait to see you vegetable garden photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! We've had so much rain not much progress has been made in the veggie garden, but I'll be out there with a vengeance this week!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful blooms! Oh my! We're doing some work on our tiny yard, too. Every inch counts, doesn't it? I hope you'll share your project when it's complete. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet the wisteria looks amazing on the garage wall. I used to have a wisteria in my townhouse garden, but haven't found a place for one in our present home.
    I haven't noticed robins or doves in my raised vegetable beds. My problem with veggie seedlings seems to be rabbits. Every year they seem to think I am growing peas and beans just for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer! Thank you for stopping by.
      I definitely had rabbit problems - solved it with fencing. Its not as pretty as some gardens, but maybe this year I will get to feed my husband instead of the rabbits. :)

      Delete